Garcia rules out Woods apology



Sergio Garcia has revealed he is not planning any peace talks with Tiger Woods following their clash at the Players Championship earlier this month. World No 1 Woods upset Garcia during the third round at Sawgrass when the Spaniard claimed he had been put off his approach shot to the second hole by crowd noise caused by the American preparing for his own shot from the trees. Woods insisted he had been told by a marshal that Garcia had already played his shot but Garcia, who bogeyed the hole, was incensed by his playing partner's actions and said at the time that the pair "don't like each other".

Woods admitted on Monday that he had no plans to apologise for his actions and Garcia said: "We have not spoken and I don't really have any plans to [contact him]. Obviously he is not going to say sorry, which I can understand coming from him. "It wasn't my fault. I am not the one who should go to him. I don't care who he is. "It doesn't matter if it is Tiger Woods or Luke Donald, who is my best friend on tour. If I have done something wrong I will go up and say, 'Sorry, I hope it is okay and that we can move on.'


"But if I am not the one who did the thing then I am not going to go up and say, 'Sorry for you doing that thing to me'. That's nonsense." Garcia said during the Players Championship that Woods is "not the nicest guy on tour". And he has told Sky Sports that other players agree with him but are not prepared to say so. "I guess I'm probably the only brave one that has the guts to say it," he said. "Most of the other guys think about it."


Asked if the other players were too scared to criticise Woods, Garcia added: "It feels like it. "It's a thin line but you have to be as true to yourself as possible. I try to be truthful, as much as I can." Garcia does not think his comments will have any impact on how he and Woods get on when they next play together. "We've never liked each other so this is not going to change anything," he said.


View the original article here